Thursday, December 18, 2008

my little squirrel

my baby wearing redfishcircle's onesie. 
It arrived in the mail today along with a print, some fabric, and some bibs I ordered. It was SOOOOO exciting to get these beautiful original artists items. So nice to have something not so generic in this world of franchising and multinationals
I only recently discovered Etsy. I found out about it by clicking on bloggers' Etsy shop links. I am so happy to have found it. It is an amazing resource for artists and crafters to sell their stuff. I know that when I am just making stuff and sticking it in the cupboard it can get a little disheartening. I am so amazed by the number of people out there that are making things and selling their stuff. It makes me wish I had something to make and sell too! Then I realized that I make and sell small handmade cakes all day every day. I even saw that Etsy has a baked good section. I am not sure how that would work here in Australia with our "pure food act" laws??? I cant seem to find a way to search for australian shops in Etsy AND baked goods at the same time, to see if anyone else is doing it here. 

2 comments:

Ms Leaney said...

Ooooohhhh this is lovely. Yes he is a cute little squirrel!!!
x

melanie said...

ohhhh he' just yummy isnt he'