Monday, March 23, 2009

moving to the country

This lemon tree, I planted in my vegetable garden, but i listened to my intuition, and dug it out and put it in a pot. Good job, because the owners of the house are doubling the rent and we have to move AGAIN! What a chore. We want to buy a house, but need to save for a deposit, so we are going to move to the country in the area where we want to buy. OH! how exciting for me. AND scary....I am such a city chic...even living where I am now in the suburbs is scary enough...but the country? One day I will have some land I own, and I will be able to plant my lemon tree in the ground. I long for that day....sigh....

6 comments:

Lisa Rivas said...

How exciting to live in the country! Wish I could be your neighbor :)
We could have lemonade or lemon cakes eventually... Good Luck on finding a place!

Unknown said...

Thanks Lisa

Teri said...

Oh, good think you potted that is right.

Best of luck finding a new home!!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I would go to the country in a heartbeat. I am a country girl stuck in the burbs. I know how you feel though. Best of luck to you house hunting. I hope you find one you can rent to own. When you find the right place, plant that tree. It is a beauty.

marianne said...

Take good care of the lemon tree! So he can be planted when you have found your spot!
Don´t fear look forward with confidence

Bella Sinclair said...

Oh dear, I feel for you. I hate moving so much. It seems criminal that your landlord wants to DOUBLE the rent. BUT, dear Messyfish, the country has so many wonderful opportunities! No ocean pool, but so much land to plant things and nurture them and watch them grow. I have a feeling you're a big nurturer. :) And baby Messyfish will have fun visiting farms. How soon do you have to move?