Thursday, October 22, 2009

My Creative Space




I have been feeling tired and overwhelmed, and depression is looming. The cure for me, is to do small things that feed my soul. That usually involves pumpkin, spices and baking. I made these little pumpkin and date cupcakes using a mixture of organic flours, including Rye, Millet and Buckwheat. I used rice syrup instead of refined cane sugar...so I dont feel so guilty about feeding littleboy messyfish them. They have lots of pumpkin in them too!
To see others creative spaces this week go visit Kirsty

9 comments:

Kylie said...

I know how you feel... small creations work for me too. Your photos look so beautiful. Hope you're feeling better soon :) K

Julie said...

Pumkin...mmmmm...yum! I hope it helps you Messy...can't think of you being sad!

Empty Daze said...

Let me know if you need to talk. Always available for you my bloggy friend. XXX

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Littleboy Messyfish seems to be growing right before our eyes. What a handsome little boy.

Take care of self little Messyfish Mommma.

Serena Lewis said...

Little Messyfish is so cute and those cupcakes look delicious!

marsjan said...

I know the feeling..and it helps me a lot what you say about little things... Yesterday we went for a walk in the wood and I enjoyed the autumn air and all the mushrooms. It was a good medicine. Hope you feeling better at the moment. Picture of little messyfish..adorable!! Love and greetings Marjan.

yardage girl said...

Yummo - glad making and eating these made you feel better. Any chance you could share the recipe?

SewAmy said...

pumpkin, yummmmm. and the little boy is adorable.

Unknown said...

I have to find a recipe that calls for fresh pumpkin as I keep seeing ones with tinned/canned stuff. I Luuurve muffins of any kind.