Tuesday, August 31, 2010

spring



ts almost officially here...and I can feel it and smell it in the air. little messyfish and I did a crayon drawing this morning. He insisted I draw a cow. The cows here on the farm are all having babies. The wattle trees and cherry blossoms are in bloom, and buzzing with actual real bees!
We use the gorgeous non-toxic beeswax crayons made by stockmar. I bought them at Honeybee toys. This would have to be my all time favourite shop for all the best toys for kids. No nasty synthetic stuff to be found. As I venture further into the parenthood experience I am more and more convinced that quality above quantity is the way to go. Childhood should not be about consuming and collecting crappy single use plastic and electronic toys. One beautiful tin of gorgeous quality crayons beats 5 packets of textas any day in our home.










happy season change for all xxx

3 comments:

Julie said...

I've not heard of textas...will look up! I agree with you wholeheartedly on the basic quality stuff. When the grands come to my house, it is a break away from the electronic stuff...they draw, paint, cut, glue, play ball, go for adventure walks, and cook. So much more fun and interactive and healthy and fresh!!! I am happy for little messyfish!!! and you!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

You are looking forward to spring and I am looking forward to fall. It sounds like you and LMF are having a great time.

Umatji said...

i so agree! spring is here and also i love the less is more bizzo. I also love that Julie doesn't know what textas are - is that an aussie thing do you reckon?!