Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas craft




With pleasure I am turning all my crafty junk into Christmas decorations. I realized a little while back that poor quality or suspect possibly toxic crafts ( like styrofoam balls, synthetic material, fake fur, acrylic yarn etc) is not my thing. I thought having a toddler meant i epuld need to keep all his stuff on hand for those crafty moments! Also empty toilet rolls, yogurt pots and old wrapping paper can all go into the recycling. Thankfully I discovered Steiner / Waldorf crafts. I just want to work with 100% cotton, wool, artist quality paints and pastels, and beeswax. Once my stash of paper is depleted I am going green too. Fabriano does great "green"/ recycled watercolour paper....

2 comments:

Candace Trew Camling said...

Thats really cool! A lot of the time I forget to even think about trying to use organic things before reaching for the other stuff! Great post!

Julie said...

What a brilliant idea! You are really inspiring me!!!