Saturday, January 29, 2011

Pavement Dwellers on Chowringhee Lane

See the woman child and dog in the middle of the picture? I was walking along, and gave the dog a biscuit. The woman asked very humbly if her children could have one too. A younger child was also there. I felt so bad I gave them the packet, and 3 years on still remember this family. Thousands more I saw, but never took pictures. That is there home. that tiny space there on the corner of the road. They eat sleep play shit and fuck here. This tiny spot in this massive world...

I wonder what they are doing right now? Bet you they are not on the internet in a comfy lounge chair with a freshly squeezed juice and the smells of dinner wafting by and thinking of going for a swim tomorrow...
Again, I ask...what exactly is the "real world" so many people love to talk about these days....

1 comment:

patti said...

Reality is bizarre! Yours is not mine is not their's. The lesson is to be grateful!