Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Baking Cakes
















Thin Lizzy
This chocolate mud cake recipe was helped out dramatically by a freind of myn, Lizzy. I was having alot of trouble converting it from a large cake (28cm tin) to these little cakes (125ml). She suggested that I turn the oven down. Such a simple suggestion, but one that I had not thought of! I was in tears because I really wanted to do this delicious cake that has been so popular at all my birthday parties as little cake for my business. So I gave her suggestion a go, and believe it or not...it worked. I promised her that if it worked, then I would name the cake after her. Now her name is on the blackboard menues of all the local cafes. Thin lizzy is becoming quite a hit in town.



















White Chocolate Mud with Raspberry Buttercream



















Berry, Lime and Coconut Cakes
I pour a fresh lime juice sugar syrup over these cakes when they come out of the oven. They are sticky, fruity, coconuty and tart. Delicious!

No comments: