Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Happy Cactus Monday!



Hi Folks, I am sorry no drawing ,but have been flat out. Mr Messyfish is still away. I did however take these snaps whilst on my Botanical gardens walk. I especially visited the cactus and succulents enclosure as it is one of my favourites! What I did not realize was that Baby messyfish had been sucking the camera, and that the lens was dirty. So unfortunately all my wonderful cactus photos are cactus. Least its a good excuse to go again. Oh! and teri...I looked for some native Australian cactus, but they all seem to be from Mexico and the Canary Islands etc. sadly no Australian Cactus. Anyway...HCM everyone (even though it actually tuesday here in OZ)......

10 comments:

Lynn Cohen said...

awesome cacti baby slobber and all, I mean what is not beautiful about baby slobber? ;-)
Thanks for coming to my blog today and for your sweet comments regarding my art. Do come again please.

Lisa Rivas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa Rivas said...

Oh it's a good thing I came back to be able to take this virtual stroll by your Botanical Garden. Are you in the tropics? Seems like it... it is great... plants get to be huge usually and thus become very exotic :-)
I remember when I lived in Venezuela it was amazing!
I am glad you showed these specimens.
HCM, have a great Tuesday and also week! Hugs.

Teri said...

Your desert plants in the Botanical gardens are beautiful! It looks just like Arizona. I'm glad the baby sucked on your camera, now you have to go back YAH! and get more beautiful photos.

Thanks for the note. I wondered and didn't know either.

HCM

Julie said...

WOW...these are some great looking cactus! I am with you...I love the succulent areas of public gardens! I hope you can go often with Baby Messyfish and have picnics! Happy Cactus Monday!

yoon see said...

Wow! Just so beautiful!
Wonderful cactus images, they grow upright so tall & huge.
Boy, my at home just a cute little one.
Yeah, sometimes we need to also attend to so many family matters that forever keeping us busy....
Hope you can unwind the cool way, find some relaxed music to cheer you up in midst of business.

Anonymous said...

i am loving your art and your creative energy...hey but that's only a couple reasons why i married you.



love from mr messy fish

melanie said...

Oh Anna, baby slobber adds to the appeal.
Love your photo's...
Is that the old man cactus?
I used to have one and brush his hair...poor thing
it probably felt harrassed.

Unknown said...

I am sure your brushing was soulful and gentle, and he only benefitted from the attention mel!

Serena Lewis said...

Great cactus, slobber pics! hehehe