Wednesday, April 29, 2009

3D Doggie


I just made 20 liters of Chocolate Mud Cake batter, 5 liters of Chocolate ganache, and 5 liters of Passionfruit Curd, in less than an hour, but what I am proud of is this Doggie! My first attempt at doing a Softie with panels that make it stand called "gussets". I was SOOOOO confused about what was the "right"side was, and how it all went together I was almost going to cry, but then I dragged Mr messyfish away from the Vanilla batter he was making and asked him to work it out for me. What a gem! Now I am ready to do another, and another.... by the way...what the hell is ladder stitch , and whip stitch? Why does the book I am using not explain this with pictures? The words make NO sense....aarrgghhhh....

12 comments:

Caroline said...

My, you have been busy!! Cute doggie - good for Mr Messyfish ! Whipstitch and ladder stitch you'll find them here I think
http://inaminuteago.com/stitchindex.html

yoon see said...

Really cute Messyfish.
I can feel you really enjoy doing it:)

Unknown said...

oh thanks Caroline! I will go visit...
and Yoon, YES I am sooo enjoying it! thanks!

Pea said...

wow..You are so efficient..The doggy looks really cute!

Diane AZ said...

Nice looking 3D doggie standing up on his own. Good thing Mr. Messyfish figured it out. Now you can make as many as you want. Looks like fun!

soulbrush said...

he's too adorable for words...whew all that work, you are a star!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I think your standing doggie is great. I have heard of the terms you mentioned before but have forgotten just what they meant.

Bella Sinclair said...

OH! Look how adorable! He looks very soft and squishy, just right for cuddling. That top photo, especially, looks like he's in a new car showroom.

I also liked hearing about all the yummy-umminess going on in your kitchen! nom nom nom nom!

Empty Daze said...

Hi Anna. I thought having a baby was hard enough but all this work too!!! Kudos to you. Mignon xx

Julie said...

Cute little puppy dog!!! You will find any stitch you need to make on YouTube.com, with a demo video!

Unknown said...

oh excellent advice Julie! thanks, I hardly ever go to youtube so did not think about it...but its exactly what I need

Kate Moore said...

Hello. Ladder and whip stitches are embroidery stitches, which I am guessing could be used to decorate the seams. Your pup looks cute just as it is.
That's one hell of a lot of batter, I'd have licked quite a lot off the spoons.
Peppermint Magazine should be available in your newsagents because, no, it's not a Central Coast thing.
You can subscribe online. Follow the link from my blog.